Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscars



I made it my goal this year to watch all of the best picture nominated films, and I finally succeeded, even though there were TEN this year! WAHOO!

It's hard for me to pick my favorite movie, because I don't really know how to pick which movie I liked more. If I was going by how hard I cried at a movie, then Up would win Best Picture (UNLIKELY). If it was the movie's ability to make me sexually attracted to a 10-foot tall blue alien, then An Education, duh. HA just kidding, Avatar.

But when it comes down to it, I think I like Hurt Locker the best. I got CHILLS at the last scene. Moon wasn't nominated, but I think I liked that more than any of the movies that were nominated. WTF Academy?

Up in the Air was really cute though, and I loved Anna Kendrick's performance. GAH I don't know what to pick!

It seems that the frontrunners are Avatar and Hurt Locker, and I feel like it all depends on what people feel the best picture award should reflect: should it be about best encapsulating this year, or should it be the film that has the most staying power? I mean, people remember Gone with the Wind, but do they remember...the Lost Weekend (1945 winner)? My only thing about Avatar is that there are a whole slough of technical and artistic awards that Avatar should obviously win. I just don't know if it deserves Best Picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment