In order to apply for the bar and take the bar exam, most people have to take the MPRE (Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam), and I thought that I was no exception. I paid the $60 and registered, got a book, and was studying today at school, when my friend Emily told me that Maryland doesn't require the MPRE. "aWHA?" was my response. Then I called the Maryland state bar (my firm is in Bethesda, MD which is right outside DC so I'm applying for the Maryland bar), and I confirmed that I actually don't have to take the MPRE. OMGZ!!! Best news ever. Even though I probably should have checked to make sure that I needed to take the test in the first place, I don't even care. I would GLADLY pay the $60 to find out again (the night before the exam) that I don't have to take it. WAHOO! This is how I felt after I found out I don't have to take it:

Also, in an unrelated note, my bus driver gave me his number today. WEIRD RIGHT? I feel like heroine in some great love story like THIS ONE that Virginia and Aubrey blogged about on their amazing blog. Here is what happened: I was about to get off the bus, and I went to the front of the bus while the driver slowly inched his way towards the bus stop. There was some traffic, and we may have made eye contact in his little rear view mirror, but I definitely didn't think anything of it. Then when he opened the door, he handed me a temporary bus card, and I was so confused that I took it and got off the bus. When I looked at it, well...here:

The funny thing is that I literally look like a homeless person today. I have no makeup on, and when I went to take passport photos for the MPRE (back when I still thought I had to take it HA), I literally looked like I had smeared my entire face in Vaseline before my mugshot for being a serial killer. My hair looked great though, to be fair. Maybe that's what he was so enamored with. Here: (my face is blacked out because COME ON.)

My hair looks like an angel's. No big deal. Although I guess blacking out my face really does make me seem like a serial killer. Trust me, guys, I'm not! Although I really do love reading about serial killers on Wikipedia and watching TV shows about them. Is that research for my future career change from "lawyer" to "serial killer"? YOU TELL ME.
No comments:
Post a Comment