Monday, February 15, 2010

Requiem for a fucking NIGHTMARE.

So I was watching Olympics pairs figure skating, and one of the pairs, I think it was the Canadian team, used the song from Requiem for a Dream, which I had never seen before. I thought the song was hauntingly beautiful, so I watched the movie. BIG MISTAKE. I thought it was going to be one of those drug movies where it is realistic but a little hopeful at the end. I don't know WHY I thought that. Seriously, it is so depressing I wanted to end my life, and I know I joke about that all the time but I was kind of serious. I knew it was a bad idea when I didn't run it by Aubrey first. Here is the last scene, if you care to shoot your brains out. (This isn't even the worst parts. Seriously, don't watch the movie.) I don't know what's worse: when Ellen Burstyn's friends come and visit her at the mental institution and she looks like a corpse, or the look on Jennifer Connelly's face when she curls up on the couch clutching her drugs/money after her "perverted show for heroin and cash" (Wikipedia's words, not mine). The song just makes it SO much worse.

ANYWAY. So the Olympics kind of started this fiasco, so I figured they owed me. I cried my eyes out a few Olympics commercials like this one and this one, but I still felt like shit. Then I watched Shen and Zhao skate and it was amazing. Check their short program here. I heart the Olympics so hard.

I leave you with this super cute kitten to wash the taste of heroin and crazy pills (from Requiem, not the Olympics, silly) from your mouth. I even used a pink border on the clip. You're WELCOME.



ps. I was going to try to find a screenshot or something from Requiem bc I like when blog posts have pictures but no way. I started getting stressed and depressed as soon as I did the google image search. No THANK you.

2 comments:

  1. and of COURSE i click on the link and OF COURSE i actually watched it... :( humph. And now I'm going to cry and take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the clip doesn't even show the worst parts! WHYYYY did I do it?!

    ReplyDelete