Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Like Girl Talk, but BETTER

I recently discovered the White Panda, a mashup group based out of LA and Chi-town. SO GOOD. They remind me of Girl Talk in the amazingness of their mashups, but BETTER because each track is focused on only one mashup. Girl Talk's problem is that there are too many songs in one track and so if there is a great remix between Flashing Lights and No Diggity, FOR EXAMPLE (I also made a ringtone of just the awesome part here), it only lasts for 30 seconds! (A complaint that Aubrey first articulated to me.) But the White Panda's album ("Versus") is AMAZING (you can download it here) and is chockablock full of mind-blowing jams like this:

PS T.I. is HOT. Claire and I watched every single episode of TI's Road to Redemption last fall, and Will saw him at the Grove. I would have been arrested for sexually assaulting him--a cost I am WILLING to pay.

Sidebar: at trivia tonight the category was Keanu Reeves movies and the questions were hard! I am his most dedicated and obsessive fan (to the point where when the grader was making snide comments about Keanu I told him to shut his trap) and I still only got 5/10. FAIL. People were making fun of me for claiming he is my fave actor. Whatever, the heart wants what it wants!

Also, Oscar movie update: I have watched 8/10 noms, and am prob going to watch Inglourious Basterds tomorrow. WOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment