There are several music-related moments in my life that I will never forget. The first was when Aubrey played Annie's Heartbeat while we were hanging out, and I made her play it three more times (at least) while we stood around and had an impromptu dance party. It really cemented our burgeoning friendship. I loved the song so much that one time I was walking outside of Aeropostale (don't judge) and when I heard them play a remix of it, I went inside and was persuaded to purchase a pair of pants that I didn't really care for and didn't really fit. They were playing the best song in the world--they deserved the money.
The second is when I accidentally stumbled across MMMatthias while perusing several music blogs (several are which are to the right), and discovered THIS GEM. We're allowed to listen to music while we work on our exams, and at the end of spring quarter last year I listened to exclusively that song while taking all four of my exams. It was magnificent. It deserves at least 65% of the credit for me not failing out of law school, because it certainly wasn't the effort I put in.
Other notable moments are my discoveries of Crimewave, Fred Falke's remix of New in Town, and the Designer Drugs remix of Anthonio (also by Annie).
All of this is pretty much meaningless compared to FEAR OF TIGERS. Aubrey posted about the first song from his free album (legal download, what whaaat!), but I LOVE this one:
When I first heard it I felt like someone had Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique-d me. (Neeeeeerd alert!) Download the album, get your headphones, blast it, and listen with iTunes visualizer. TRUST ME.
Ps. Sorry for over-hyperlinking. I just love dance music SO MUCH.
No comments:
Post a Comment