ANYWAY. When I first moved to my place I bought a brass lamp at a garage sale, and it was just eh. It wasn't gross, but it wasn't exactly cute either. So I went and bought a TON of spray paint, found a spot in the parking garage of my building, and went to work.
I took out the lightbulb and covered the top and the cord with painter's tape:
Then I covered the lamp with a few thin layer of primer (I used Rust-Oleum's Painter's Touch White Primer):
After that was dry, I painted it this almond color, which turned out awesome. I like how you notice the lines of the lamp more when it's painted a matte color:
The lamp shade is from IKEA (my happy place), and I think it looks MUCH better now--more elegant and less garage sale-y. WHOOOO crafts! I may or may not be in the process of becoming a hoarder though. I just want to go buy cheap thrift store lamps and paint them! I'm going to be a crazy lamp lady, and I'm sort of okay with that.



No comments:
Post a Comment