Before they were just in a sad little pile.
I bought the dark brown/black shelf, and it was a bit too dark, combined with my black TV stand and the black tv. I mean, black is my favorite color, but it turns out you CAN have too much of a good thing. So I went to Home Depot, bought some primer and teal paint, and went to town.
I was really bummed because the primer looked all splotchy and it got all over my hands and was REALLY difficult to wash off. I kept at it though, and after it dried, I added the teal paint.
I moved the operation from the floor to my dining table because bending over to paint was hurting my old body. Also the lighting in my dining area is much better.
After I was done putting what felt like fifty bajillion coats of teal paint to make sure the coats were even, I removed the painter's tape, but realized that some paint had still managed to drip onto the outside surface. Plus, it just wasn't even and didn't look neat. SO I took some silver Washi tape (I want to cover EVERYTHING with washi tape) and covered up the edges.
Ta-Da!
I guess if I had one gripe about these Expedit shelves, it would be that they are a little too deep. But honestly, it doesn't really matter. Now that I painted the insides a lighter color, it's a bit easier to see everything. I also really like the teal color because it pulls in the art I bought from a girl I went to high school with (her Etsy store is here!) I also have a black dresser from Ikea that I want to paint with a mint green pattern or accents. I'll just save the pretty much full can of teal paint for...something else.
No comments:
Post a Comment