Yesterday I went to a brunch party for a friend of a friend’s birthday. I was meeting new people (fabulous lesbians that made me feel like I was on an episode of the L word in the most fabulous way possible), getting my brunch drink on (prosecco with frozen berry ice cubes, yum) when all of a sudden I felt woozy and SO tired. I was wondering whether it was a side effect of the partying Aubrey and I had indulged in the night before, but then I remembered I had taken two not non-drowsy (aka DROWSY) benadryl that morning, and then had three drinks. I ended up taking a nap in their neighbor’s bed for two hours. Apparently I slept with my sunglasses on, which is very mama took too many vicodin, except in this case it’s benadryl.
I wish this was the first time I mixed booze and otc meds, but sadly, it has happened once before. When I was in college, my friend invited me to a house party, and even though I was still getting over a cold, I decided to go. I took some Robitussin before I went though, so I wouldn’t be gross and cough all over people. I actually read the label where it said “consult a physician if you will be drinking” or whatever, and I literally thought “eh i’m sure my doctor will be cool with it.” And so I drank like...a PINT AND A HALF of gin while pregaming (seriously, one of my drinks was in a pint glass and was 7/8 gin and 1/8 orange juice). Needless to say, I was really fucked up. I couldn’t walk on my own to the house party, and as soon as I got there, i went out on the back deck and started throwing up. I was...mortified. But anyway, you’d think I would have learned my lesson, but I guess not. Note to self: don’t mix booze with pills or cough syrups.
No comments:
Post a Comment