Wednesday, December 5, 2012
the lamp saga
A couple months ago, I found this lamp at goodwill for like $8! I decided to spray paint it, because, well duh. Also because there was a nick in the wood, and the brown color doesn't work with the rest of my stuff. Little did I know what a freaking saga it would turn out to be. First I primed it and sprayed it and spray painted it this glossy blue color:
I guess it looks okay in picture form (yes that IS a whitney houston record I also found at goodwill for $2), but gloss spray paint is really unforgiving, and I can see the flaws from up close. Also, with the light shining down on it, you could see the drips really well. AND, since I painted the other lampshade dark blue, I decided there was too much navy blue. So when I was painting primer on a different project and had some leftover, I painted primer on with a paintbrush. It came out blotchy, but covered up most of the navy blue.
After that dried, I spray painted another layer of white primer, and then used a couple layers of this mint green color (called Jade):
I love how this turned out! I put a plain white lampshade on it and put it in my living room. Now I feel like the lampshade is TOO white and shiny, so I might spray paint it with the almond color, or cover it with a vintage-y paper? Not sure yet. In the meantime, whee lamps!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment