Saturday, December 1, 2012

Kale chips

The other day I bought a giant feed bag's worth of kale (in an actual plastic feed bag, basically). After the horror show that was my eating habits over Thanksgiving weekend, I've been trying to eat better this week, which basically means more smoothies and less actual food. It's like a smoothie or juice cleanse, but WAY less hardcore. The giant bag of kale is great because there are some bigger pieces, but also a lot of smaller bits that I used in my smoothies. I took some of the bigger pieces and made kale chips!


This picture shows just how big the bag of kale was. I went through and ripped out the tough stems so I only had the leafy parts left. Then I put the kale in a plastic bag with a tablespoon of olive oil and shook it around. Then I laid the kale out on a baking sheet and sprinkled some salt and some cayenne pepper:


Bake at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes and voila! Kale chips! I think I might try using an olive oil spray next time, because the oil was a bit thick. These are addictive and so healthy. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment