I moved to Maryland in 2011 and didn't get a new license because I was lazy and didn't want to get called for jury duty. But when I realized the election was happening (and also that my license was expiring) I went to get a new MD license, and was able to conveniently register to vote at the same time!
This year, I was able to vote for gay marriage here in Maryland, and it was glorious. It just passed and I could not be prouder. I cannot wait to tell my children that I voted for Obama, and was able to vote for fairness and equality! Maryland was the first state to affirmatively vote for gay marriage, and I am proud as punch. Sidebar the three other states also upheld the right to marry--well MN rejected a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, but same diff! Can you believe it was only 4 years ago that prop 8 passed in CA? The tide has turned!!

No comments:
Post a Comment